25 Aug Jackson’s Superhero Story
Jackson is a SLC13A5 Superhero. Here are a few fun facts Jackson’s mom shared with us!
- Age: 1
- Homestate: Oklahoma
- Jackson is the happiest baby you’ll ever meet! No matter what is going on in his life you can always get the biggest smile out of him.
- His favorite person in the world is his big brother Kaiden. He loves to help his brother water the flowers in the morning.
- If he’s not busy playing with his brother you can find him swimming in the pool. Jaxy is your all American water baby. (Jaxy is what we call him most of the time.) If it involves water Jackson is all about it.
- Jackson has enjoyed two trips to Disney world and is most content in his baby carrier because he gets to see everything that’s going on!
- His favorite food is banana.
- He loves going on long walks in his stroller.
Jackson’s Medical Journey
At only a year and a half old, Jackson has been hospitalized 9 times due to seizures. He has been in an ambulance 5 times and has MediFlighted to the hospital twice. He’s had 4 MRI’s and countless EEG’s. He is on 4 seizure medications, but he isn’t seizure-free. During his seizures, his hands or his fingers twitch. His lips turn blue and his eyes lock to one side as they twitch. His seizures last anywhere from 2-25 minutes long.